I just spent a fun-filled 5 days in the amazing city of New York with my friend Dawn for some serious MOM/GIRL TIME! We arrived in the big city and jumped on a crazy driving shuttle to our hotel. We were lucky to have a few locals on the ride to share some great tips about NYC. Once we arrived at our hotel, we dropped our bags and headed out to see the city. Time Square was only a few blocks from our hotel, so we ventured there first. The sidewalks were full of locals dressed in suits and business attire emerging and disappearing into the floors and walls of the city. Everywhere we went, we tried to blend in with the crowd…yeah right…we could be spotted a million miles away. Now that I am out of the city, I can tell you what I thought of the New Yorkers. They don’t look up…they move quickly and maneuver the sidewalks, crosswalks and subways with very little effort. They own the space in front of them, and give no heed to staying to the right of traffic, waiting for those that have the right of way, or pulling aside to let emergency vehicles pass…that place is a world of its own. And boy...do I have stories. Here are a few…
We visited all the touristy spots…

Statue of Liberty (the 'Green Lady', as Nate calls her)-Amazing…

Rockefeller Center-Gorgeous views of the city, the Empire State building and Central Park…
Central Park-Did a little running in this HUGE park…
Times Square-Here every day, taking it all in…
Little Italy-
Friendly (very friendly!) little place with Yummy food! Wish we had more time to wander the streets there...
China Town-Best place to buy a purse, got a great story about purse shopping here!...
Greenwich Village-Saw a movie star here, Willam Dafoe, the Green Goblin guy from the Spider-man movies (he looks exactly the same as he does in the movie, except for the green part)…
The Architecture-I took over 600 pictures of that place, the buildings were incredible! And this would be my favorite building...the Flat Iron...
Ground Zero-Very humbling, I can’t even imagine how huge those towers used to be…
The Subway-Oh my, this was something else. FYI-Never make eye contact on the subway and NEVER EVER laugh as a guy gets on and his bag gets caught outside the doors and he clings to the strap until the next stop. Never ever, ever, ever, ever, never ever do that!…
We also made a surprise visit to Elder Litzenberger, who is serving on a mission just across the Hudson River in New Jersey.
Comedy show at Broadway Comedy Club-kinda funny, kinda not…Spiderman wasn't part of the comedy show, but the accessories he was sporting...fabulous!
F.A.O. Schwarz-Life size Legos of Harry Potter, Hermione, Ron, Hagrid, Batman, Chewbacca,
AND, the PIANO form the movie BIG. Yep, I danced on it!...but couldn't afford it...$250,000...Yowzers!
Taxi's-INSANE!...and the bikers and the shuttles and the limos and the .....
Shopping-Tiffany's, Macy's, Sak's, Oh the shopping! Dawn's hot item purchases for the trip included...pashminas...yes, beautiful scarves...and I am not telling her husband how much or how many...
The Food-Delish!..I am going back there just to eat this again!

People Watching-Anywhere and Everywhere...

In a nutshell...New York was AMAZING, HUGE, INCREDIBLE, BUSY and it just plain wore me out! I am so glad to be home, but I can't wait to go back!

Here are the kiddos sporting their new sweatshirts from NY.
No comments:
Post a Comment