Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mormon Prom...Two thumbs WAY up!!!

Ashley attended her first Prom last night .
It all began as a blur, as I barely finished the dress in time for her to make her dinner reservation.

 Ashley and her friend Megan.
 It was a 6 stake dance, and I would say that there were at least 200 kids there.  All of the girls in attendance were dressed so beautifully and the boys were so sweet as I watched them open doors and usher their dates into the event. 
The evening began at dinner, consisting of steak or chicken, fettuccine a veggie, salad and dessert. The gym was transformed into an elegant dining room. (yes, the picture is horrible, but hey, I was peeking in from the back door.)
 It looked wonderful.  The dance was held at a different location, and was decorated like Venice, Italy.  Bistros and gondola rides.  The girls had a blast, and next year.....they swear they are taking dates. 

1 comment:

Tammy said...

The dress turned out beautiful. Ashley looks stunning. I'm glad she had such a wonderful time. I had to laugh at you peeking through the back door. :-)