Friday, May 6, 2011

Pop Top Can Gift Box...no, Gift Can

Looking for a quick and fun way to wrap presents or gift cards?
Why not try a pop top can!

This takes only about 5 minutes.  And, you can make the can as fancy or simple as you wish.  This morning, I went for quick and easy as I whipped this out...just paper and ribbon.

First, start with a pop top can. 

 Remove the bottom of the can with a smooth edge can opener.

Stuff the can with your goodies...I have made several, and the Dole Pineapple cans are wide, while the Chunky Campbell Soup cans are tall.  I even find myself buying pop top canned goods, just to have the can for later use.

Super Glue or Hot Glue the bottom of the can back on.  I prefer Super Glue, but it can be a bit tricky getting the lid on without affixing your fingers permanently to the can...trust me....

Now isn't that cute?  I have used these for bridal showers, wedding gifts, birthday gifts and just for fun.  Enjoy!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We did this at Young Women's earlier this week- only they brought in the hand can openers with jagged and dangerous edges. I was so worried someone was going to get cut. It is a cute idea. Yours turned out great.