Saturday, July 23, 2011

Marinated Cheese

My wondeful friend made this amazing cheese yumminess for our 4th of July festivities. I just received here recipe and can't wait to share it with you.  I think I need to go make some!

Marinated Cheese

1/2 c olive oil

1/2 c white wine vinegar

3 TBSP chopped fresh parsley

3 TBSP minced green onion

1 tsp sugar

3/4 tsp dried basil

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 2 oz jar diced pimento, drained

1 5 1/2 x 2 x 1 inch block sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz) chilled

1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, chilled

Combine first 10 ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously. Set marinade mixture aside.

Cut block of Cheddar cheese in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/4" thick slices, set aside.

Repeat procedure with cream cheese. Arrange cheese slices alternately in a shallow baking dish, standing slices on edge. Pour marinade over cheese slices. Cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours.

Transfer cheese to a serving platter in the same alternating fashion, reserving marinade. Spoon marinade over cheese slices. Garnish with parsley sprigs if desired. Serve with assorted crackers.

* I don't know why they have you marinade it in one dish and transfer it to a serving dish - I do it all on the same platter.

* Also, there have been times when I didn't have enough time to let it marinate and it tasted just as good.

No comments: