Monday, July 23, 2012

Youth Conference

A few weeks ago, Lance and I were asked to plan the activities for about 160 teenage youth at their annual Youth Conference. Amid the bzillion other things we had going on, I managed to meet up with one of my highly creative friends about 5 days before the event. We came up with some really great activities for the "Hillbilly Olympics".
We planned Hay Bale Stacking relay, pie eating, 3 legged races, water balloon tosses, frozen shirts, squirt guns, greased watermelon (a huge water balloon in a pool of shaving cream), barrel racing, a Mechanical Bull....
and, one of my favorite games....Coyote in the Chicken Coop.  The game goes something like this...
Place an egg on one team member's forehead.  Secure it with a knee-hi nylon.  Have the other team member get on their back, armed with a swimming pool noodle.  When the whistle blows, using the noodle, try to break the egg of the other contestants.  Once your egg is broken, your team is out.  The last team standing...Wins!


Overall, I think the kids had a great time. 

1 comment:

marcalicious said...

oh how fun!!! you guys did a good job. :)