I am the master of hiding things. And these days....even from myself. (I attribute this gift of forgetfulness to almost 17 years of marriage and many years of being a mom.) Today, I am happy to announce that after 6 months of searching for a gift I purchased for 2008's Christmas presentry...I have finally found it!!!
OK, it was more or less stumbled upon as I was cleaning my closet this morning. It was a gift purchased for Megan, the Reading Queen. A book that was the newest in a series that she had been reading, and the ONLY ONE I could find within 100 miles of our home. So, wanting to ensure she had the book in her precious little hands on Christmas, I purchased the book a few months before that festive day. I remember that I was thrilled to pieces that I HAD GOTTEN THE PERFECT GIFT! Only to be greatly disappointed when it was never unwrapped on the BIG DAY. I even asked Meg to show me her loot because I wanted to hear the excitement in her voice as she held the prized book in her hands. Well, no book. So I searched high and low for days looking for that blasted book. I even thought about purchasing another copy to replace it, but never did. Today was a glorious day!!! Megan and the book have finally found each other! It wasn't the 'excited-voice, big-hug, mom's-the-hero' event I was thinking that would take place on December 25th, 2008. At least I will sleep better tonight knowing that I can cross one more thing off my list of lost items. Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
2 comments:
We love your stories!!! You need to be a guest writer on our blog.
Seriously.
Linda & Dixie
The Funky Junk Sisters
I totally relate to this! I hate it when I lose something, which I often do. I start to think my mind is going or something, that I can't remember where I put it. Then it pops up, and YES!! It did really exist, and it really was in a place that seemed feasible. Like, at least you didn't find the book in the freezer or something LOL! Karen
Post a Comment