Sunday, May 3, 2009

Gorgeous Curls


Megan has the straightest, finest most beautiful hair. Growing up, I would have have given up my Holly Hobbie lunch box and matching bed sheets for hair like this. Megan's hair is always perfectly straight, and she can get up in the morning...brush her hair...and off she can go, no fuss. But, when it comes to curling it...GOOD LUCK...A curl doesn't last a second.

So, when we came across this Enzo Milano curling iron at the Puyallup Fair, we knew we just had to have one. (They run $100 dollars at the Fair, but you can get them new-in-box on eBay for $20.) We were even more thrilled when Santa brought one for Megan this past year...that guy is amazing!


Well, a small confession on my part...I am not a cutsie, foo foo hair mom...yep, I had 2 little girls who had the option of Down, Pony or Half-up/Half-down. Pretty much, that is the extent of my hair abilities. My friend's little girls would have adorable bows, headbands, curls and do's that could rival any beauty competition. So the fact that I, the mother-of-all-things-simple when it comes to hair, took the time to curl Meg's hair, it was truly a miracle. Even more amazing was the ability of the curls to last. I lack the skill to work this on my own hair...oh well.
Here is one of the few do's that I am capable to doing. We call this 'The Brain'.
And, I have to say that I am very proud of my girls, they have both grown their hair out so that they can donate at least 11 inches of it to Locks of Love, a non-profit organization that provides hair prosthetics for children who have developed long-term medical hair loss.

2 comments:

Brent Hope said...

Delightful post Kelli Ann!!

Funky Junk Sisters said...

She is just darling!