Yes, it is true....I pay my hairdresser in EGGROLLS! Homemade egg rolls! And, the going rate for a nice cut and color these days is about...75 egg rolls. I learned to make these delicious little things about a year ago from my Korean friend. They are jam packed with veggies and they are a meal in themselves. I often head over to the local Asian market to gather my supplies. That is an experience, and I get the funniest comments from the dark haired patrons at the market. 
Scoop a large spoonful into egg roll wrappers. (I use Lumpia Wrappers).
The trick to rolling the wrappers is to: Place one wrapper on a flat surface. Wet the top edge of the wrapper. Put your scoop of meat closest to you, near the bottom edge of the wrapper. Roll the bottom edge of wrapper over the meat. Fold the left and right sides over to the center. Continue to roll from the bottom towards the top. The wetted edge of the wrapper will seal the egg roll.
Fry in hot oil. (Make sure your oil is hot, they should only take about a minute to cook.) Serve them with Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce.
I make a few hundred of these at a time and freeze them for later use.
*Do not fry them until you are ready to eat them. If you want to freeze them, lay them on a cookie sheet and freeze them for a few hours. Once they are frozen, I put the egg rolls into freezer bags for long term storage. When you pull them out of the freezer, you can fry them frozen or let them thaw out before frying them.
Here is what you need:
1 medium Onion
1 Tablespoon fresh Ginger
3 Carrots
1 lb. Ground Beef
4 cloves Garlic
1 head of Cabbage
1 bunch Kale
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 bunch Green Onion
1 pkg. Bean Sprouts
1 small pkg. Spinach
Cook it like this:
Finely chop ginger, onion and carrots.
Cook in pan with oil (enough oil to coat bottom of pan).
Add beef. Add a few sprinkles of salt and pepper.
Brown meat, add garlic.
Add cabbage, kale, salt and pepper.
Add Sesame Oil.
Cook down.
Add Green onion, sprouts and spinach.
Cook down.
1 Tablespoon fresh Ginger
3 Carrots
1 lb. Ground Beef
4 cloves Garlic
1 head of Cabbage
1 bunch Kale
1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil
1 bunch Green Onion
1 pkg. Bean Sprouts
1 small pkg. Spinach
Cook it like this:
Finely chop ginger, onion and carrots.
Cook in pan with oil (enough oil to coat bottom of pan).
Add beef. Add a few sprinkles of salt and pepper.
Brown meat, add garlic.
Add cabbage, kale, salt and pepper.
Add Sesame Oil.
Cook down.
Add Green onion, sprouts and spinach.
Cook down.
You will be amazed at just how much you can cram into your pot!
Fry in hot oil. (Make sure your oil is hot, they should only take about a minute to cook.) Serve them with Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce.
Now, keep in mind that your egg rolls can contain anything you like. As a mom, I enjoy sneaking in tons of veggies, but I have to say that my favorite egg rolls only contain hamburger, carrots, cabbage and onion.
No comments:
Post a Comment