You are going to love this one! I have made this dish on a few occasions, and this past Sunday, we fell in love with it all over again! Let me tell you a bit about this scrumptious dish. It is a recipe my friend shared with me years ago. It is a German meat dish...Tangy...yet meaty. It marinades/cooks in the most delicious sauce ever. I am always surprised how quickly and wonderfully the vinegar tenderizes the meat to perfection...it literally falls apart on your fork. This time, I added fresh mushrooms to the sauce and I will be including that to the recipe from now on. Mmmmm...
Sauerbraten
1 1/2 lb. Roast, cut in 1 in. squares (or whole, I have made it both ways)
1 Envelope Brown Gravy Mix
1 Tbl. Instant Minced Onion
1 Tbls. Brown Sugar
2 Tbls. Vinegar
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
¼1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
1 Bay Leaf
Serve over hot noodles or rice....or our family favorite...Mashed Potatoes!
Brown meat in 1 Tbl. oil. Remove meat from skillet; add gravy mix and 2 cups water. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in next 6 ingredients, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Add meat. Put into baking dish. Cover; bake at 350 for 1 1/2½ hours. Remove bay leaf.
1 1/2 lb. Roast, cut in 1 in. squares (or whole, I have made it both ways)
1 Envelope Brown Gravy Mix
1 Tbl. Instant Minced Onion
1 Tbls. Brown Sugar
2 Tbls. Vinegar
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
¼1/4 tsp. Ground Ginger
1 Bay Leaf
Serve over hot noodles or rice....or our family favorite...Mashed Potatoes!
Brown meat in 1 Tbl. oil. Remove meat from skillet; add gravy mix and 2 cups water. Bring to boiling, stirring constantly. Stir in next 6 ingredients, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Add meat. Put into baking dish. Cover; bake at 350 for 1 1/2½ hours. Remove bay leaf.
-*- My Favorite way to cook it....the Crock-pot option -*-
Toss in roast, then add all ingredients (ok, I omit the bay leaf) to crock-pot and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
Toss in roast, then add all ingredients (ok, I omit the bay leaf) to crock-pot and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 6 hours.
No comments:
Post a Comment