Saturday, April 10, 2010

Mad Pasta

It's Mad I Tell You!
This tenderly spicy pasta dish is from my sister-in-law Cori. My kids raved about this dish from when they visited her last year while Lance and I were in Hawaii. I had it for the first time this past week and realized why my kids loved it so much.

1 Garlic Clove or ½1 t. garlic powder
1 t. Crushed Red Peppers
1 (26 oz) can Diced Tomatoes
1 lb Penne Pasta
4-5 T. Olive Oil

If using fresh garlic, sauté the garlic and crushed red peppers in oil using a large saucepan. Add tomatoes (and garlic powder if not using fresh) and simmer for 20 minutes. Cook pasta according to directions on box. Drain pasta and add pasta to large saucepan. Coat pasta with sauce, and serve with Parmesan cheese on top. Makes 4-6 generous servings.

No comments: