I finally found my picture to go along with one of my most favorite recipes. These scrumptious sugar cookies are from my friend Macy, and they are the most amazing sugar cookies I have ever tasted. This recipe also makes a ton of cookies, so dig out the cookie cutters and bring on the Halloween Parties!


Sugar Cookies
6 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
Cream together sugar and butter, then add eggs, vanilla and sour cream. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to creamed mixture. It will become stiff. Roll out dough on a floured surface (it says to 1/2" thick but they puff up a little so I definitely would roll them thinner. I think it must be a typo and should be 1/4"). Cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen. These are AMAZING cookies.
Sugar Cookie Frosting
2/3 cup butter
6 cups powdered sugar
1 dash salt
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
food coloring
Combine all ingredients and have fun frosting.
6 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
1 cup sour cream
Cream together sugar and butter, then add eggs, vanilla and sour cream. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add to creamed mixture. It will become stiff. Roll out dough on a floured surface (it says to 1/2" thick but they puff up a little so I definitely would roll them thinner. I think it must be a typo and should be 1/4"). Cut with cookie cutters. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 5 dozen. These are AMAZING cookies.
Sugar Cookie Frosting
2/3 cup butter
6 cups powdered sugar
1 dash salt
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla or almond extract
food coloring
Combine all ingredients and have fun frosting.
No comments:
Post a Comment