I just cannot turn down the opportunity to race…’Bring it on’ I say. That is just what Nate did as we were putting away the patio chairs into the shed. The route was simple, yet the rain created some muddy course conditions…I took that into account as I lined up at the starting line. The shoes on my feet well…crocs are not intended for sprints…I took that into consideration. I was racing my quick little 9 year old…and I knew that winning the race would be practically impossible under current conditions….I took that into consideration. Nate said, “GO!” and I took off. As I rounded the very first corner, the corner of death, I encountered another race participant…one that entered the race late…our stupid cat. In a stride that my legs hadn’t seen for many years, I stepped on the cat, slid a few feet and ever-so-gently wiped out in a pile of mud. I recall my legs shooting out rather quickly from under me, and Nate’s horrified face as he came back to check on me. Lance unknowingly had just pulled up into the driveway and missed the whole ordeal. I slowly regained consciousness and pulled myself up.
I have to say I haven’t hit the ground that hard in...forever! Nate’s impersonation of my wipeout is dang cool. Tomorrow, I anticipate that I shall be very sore and sporting a few new colors on my hip, leg and arm. In the meantime….our cat is looking for a new home.
1 comment:
i miss you!!!
Post a Comment