Breakfast Casserole
This recipe is from an old friend and is made ahead of time and is refrigerated overnight. It is a perfect breakfast casserole for company. I just wrote the ingredients down, and how long to cook it, so I modified the recipe to include some instructions. Here is what you will need.
This recipe is from an old friend and is made ahead of time and is refrigerated overnight. It is a perfect breakfast casserole for company. I just wrote the ingredients down, and how long to cook it, so I modified the recipe to include some instructions. Here is what you will need.
*this is not the best picture, I just forgot about taking one before it was all gone.
1 small loaf of bread cubed (I make 9 cubes per slice)
8 eggs
2 cups cheese
3 ½ cups milk
Salt and pepper
Sausage links cut into small pieces (I used 16 links)
Ham cubed (I used a small package of lunchmeat ham)
1 small onion chopped
1 small can of green chilies
6 mushrooms sliced
2 Tablespoons Butter
In a casserole dish, layer the cubed bread.
In a bowl, beat 8 eggs. Add the milk, cheese, salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a pan, sauté onion, chilies and mushrooms in the butter. Pour over the bread cubes.
Sprinkle the sausage and ham over the top of the chilies/mushrooms/onions.
Top with the egg mixture. Refrigerate overnight.
Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes.
No comments:
Post a Comment