Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Kid Tip

This is a great homework trick that I have used with the kids, and for some reason, I rarely remember it. So, I am hoping that if I share it, I will remember it more often. When my kids would be studying for a test, or if they were struggling with homework, we would grab the Crayola markers and head to the kitchen table. When Ashley was in 1st grade, I came up with this idea. I would let her take practice spelling tests on the kitchen table, by writing the words on the glass in Crayola marker. (Our table has a glass table top). She loved it! It has been a great way to work on math skills, and even a fun way to just doodle...I mean, how often does mom say....Go write on the table. The kids will ask for more work, just so they can write on the table. It does make a mess on their hands, but hey, it's washable...So much fun! Try it sometime!

1 comment:

daegan said...

brilliant! you are such a clever gal...