This past summer the kids and I went to visit my wonderful sister in Texas. While we were there she shared with me a recipe for Homemade Laundry Soap. I used it a few time while we were there and it was worth bringing the recipe home to share. Thanks Marla!
Since I returned home, I have taught several classes on making this soap. It has had rave reviews from everyone that has used it. The best part about this soap is that it takes about 15 minutes to make and costs less than $2 to make a 5 gallon bucket, which will wash about 100 loads....do the math..that is only 2 cents per load....WOW! It does not have a strong smell, and cleans really well...I dare you to give it a try.
1 bar Fels Naptha® soap
1 cup washing soda (Arm & Hammer®)
1 cup of 20 Mule Team Borax®
5 Gallon Bucket
Grate the bar of Fels Naptha®. Place grated Fels Naptha® in a saucepan and cover with water (approx. 6-8 cups). Heat on low until dissolved. Add 1 cup washing soda and 1 cup Borax® and mix well. Pour mixture into 5 gallon bucket. Fill the bucket with warm water, stop when you get within 3 inches to the top. Stir well. As it cools, it will thicken. Use ½-1 cup per load. Safe for use in H.E. Washers. Yields approx. 75-100 cups.
2 comments:
I just added these things to my shopping list! Can't wait to try it!
it does work. my clothes are clean and we don't smell. best of all i'm saving more money to blow somewhere else.
Post a Comment