Monday, August 10, 2009

29 things

My awesome sister sent me this card for my B-day…Ha Ha Ha…I love it! She knows how crafty I am and this creation is above all I can imagine! I am off to Girls Camp for the week and since I am turning 29 again tomorrow and here are 29 fun and crazy facts about me.

1. I am sad that technology has made handwritten letters, personal phone calls and 35 mm photographs a thing of the past…I would love to bring them back!
2. I have a voice that is unrecognizable to phone prompts. It proves to be highly frustrating when using voice activated systems.…you know, like…”please say, ‘Customer Service’ to speak to a customer service representative”. I can repeat myself over and over, and it never works. I even try it with accents and high and low voices…just doesn‘t work for me.
3. My absolute favorite thing to wear is jeans and a white T-shirt. I have at least 9 white t-shits in my closet at this very moment. Oh, and yes, my pearl earrings and Nike tennis shoes.
4. I have a sliver in my finger from 1986. I got it when I was decorating for a church dance, when I reached under a piano to get a roll of tape.
5. I walked to school every day for all my elementary school years. I thought the riding the bus would be soooo cool! I got over that real quick-like my junior high and high school years.
6. I am right handed in everything, but I shoot a gun with my left hand, because I cannot wink my left eye very well. And, let me add that I am a pretty good shot once I figured this out!
7. My favorite drink is a Coca-cola Icee. One day I want to own an Icee machine…if I get one, you can come over for a drink!
8. It takes me 6 hours to mow my lawn…and it is my favorite thing to do in the summer, spring or fall. (It takes me another 4 hours to mow the fields on the big tractor).
9. I have had my photo in a national sports magazine…No, it wasn’t Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Good guess! (Ha Ha)
10. My favorite flower is a tulip.
11. I lived above a funeral home for 3 years. I have a few creepy stories too.
12. I am the kind of person who will unknowingly walk down the hallway with her skirt tucked in her underwear, or zipper down, or…well, you get the idea.
13. I cannot sleep away from home.
14. I hate small dogs…especially people who think they are purse pets, and bring them into the grocery store and dress them up…oh please…get real!
15. I’ve always wanted to know where the ‘urea’ comes from that is used in soaps, makeup, lotions, etc. I know what it is…I just want to know where they collect it.
16. I hate live plants. I kill them. Not intentionally, it just happens.
17. Chocolate is the most amazing thing ever created…Ahhhh ChOcoLaTe….MMMMM!
18. I only ever kissed 3 guys.
19. I used to love wild rides at the fair or amusement parks. Then I had kids, and for some reason I get nervous on them.
20. My favorite part of going to see a movie is the previews.
21. I like to run in the hot sun. It’s just too bad that I live in the Rainy State of Washington…or I’d be a great runner!
22. I love my kids to pieces, and would like nothing better than to spend every day with them….Lucky for me I do!!!
23. I find bald men to be very attractive…Seriously…I do…not lying…Truth!
24. I like to sing…not publicly…just along with the music. And I would prefer that I did it alone.
25. I love to laugh…at myself a lot of the time too.
26. One day I would like to write children’s literature and be my own illustrator.
27. My favorite meal is The Keg’s Bacon Wrapped Filet Classic dinner with their Blue Cheese Wedge Salad, and Garlic Mashed Potatoes. Oh and don’t forget the sourdough bread….Yummy!
28. I like to sew, and would like to make a wedding dress someday, maybe for one of my girls… when they get WAY OLDER!
29. I hate leaving phone messages…I panic at the last second.

There you have it...more than you ever wanted to know about me!

3 comments:

daegan said...

i would like to hear your creepy stories when you lived over a funeral home. i am also the girl who nearly left a public bathroom with a long strip of t.p. that i had lined the toilet seat with, hanging from my pants (must have scooped it up in the rush of being modest in the stall with my boys)... thank boogie for not making me look like a retard! chocolate isn't as great as women make it out to be. my mom has been encouraging me to write and illustrate childrens stories since i was a kid. i really have been wanting to... for years... i just don't know where to start. man, i need to get that done i've been told to just do it! leaving messages is never fun... i always feel rushed and don't want a long pause in between my thoughts and so then i just end up hanging onto one word for a long time (almost like singing) trying to think of what i'm saying.

you are a pretty cool woman!

Brent Hope said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kelli Dear!!

We love you very much!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy turning 29 all over again and enjoying life!!