Friday, August 28, 2009

Beans...Beans...Beans...

Fall is almost here...yep, I said it out loud. The weather is cooling off, the leaves are showing a hint of autumn splendor, and I even found myself thinking I might pull out my fall decor. Ahhhh....pumpkins....fall leaves...scarecrows....back to school stuff....and getting back on the crazy school time/sports/homework routine. My mind is racing as I think of all that will transpire over the next week prior to school starting. Even better yet, I am looking forward to getting back to the gym.
Until then, you can find me in the kitchen...I will be canning. Just today I conquered the Green Beans. I must say they look mighty fine nestled in those clear glass mason jars. The kids thought I was crazy as I cheered with every "POP" of a lid. (For you non-canners...that is the sound that is made when the jar cools and seals, indicating a successful processing of the jar). Yes, it was a good day....only 1 casualty out of 24 jars....not bad! Tomorrow I shall be working on the tomatoes and chopping wood with the man of the house...one might think we are chipmunks storing our goods for the winter....Well, when you live out in 'the sticks', it is always best to be prepared.
Aren't they beautiful?

No comments: