Mmmmmm.......
Chicken Pot Pie
2 Cups Cubed Cooked Chicken
1/2 Cup Sliced Carrots
1 Cup Cubed Potatoes
1/2 Cup Chopped Onion (shhh, don't tell my kids!)
1/4 Cup Celery
1/2 Can Evaporated Milk (I use regular milk...and it turns out just as good)
1 Can Cream of Chicken Soup
1/2 tsp. Thyme
1/8 tsp. Pepper
1 Cup Frozen Peas (I use green beans sometimes)
Pastry for 2 Crust Pie
Steam or boil carrots, potatoes, onion and celery until barely tender. Drain. Stir in meat, soup, milk, thyme, pepper and peas. Pour into Pastry lined pie pan. Use the 2nd pie crust as a topper...I prefer a lattice top. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until brown. You may need to cover the edge of the pie with foil to prevent crispy edges.
I like to double the recipe and put the other half in a freezer bag for another night.
2 comments:
I am always so envious of your cooking/baking abilities. Thanks for posting!
Bwaaahahahahaha! I just laughed so hard that milk came out my nose!
Post a Comment