Here is the kid's review of the film INKHEART. 
We had a day off from school, and ventured out to see the movie Inkheart. The kids were not thrilled when I chose it, but they went along. (I think that is because they knew that their mom would buy them all an Icee and popcorn at the theater...Yummy!). I have to say that I was sweetly surprised with this movie. And, found it to be very entertaining. This would be one worth adding to the home DVD collection. It is very action packed, and is rated PG. I don't recall any swearing or inappropriateness (is that even a word?), and it is perfect for the "TWEEN" crowd (and their mom!). Immediately following the show, we went and bought the book, Inkheart, to read. (The books are always are better than the movie....Right?) We also picked up the next book, Inkspell. There is a third book, Inkdeath, but we will have to get that one later. Once Megan finishes her current book, we will begin reading the series together....
HURRY MEG!!!! Nate and I are dying to dive into the book!!!!
"I liked all of it. It wasn't scary at all!"
Megan's Review: TWO THUMBS UP!
"I liked the magical animals that came out of the books.
My favorite animal was the unicorn and the ticking crocodile".
*Note to reader: Meg did get a little scared....but once we realized that the evil villain looked like Mr. Bean with a shaved head...we just laughed it off.
Ashley's Review: ONE THUMB UP, ONE NOT SO UP.
"I've seen better movies, but there was lots of action, and it had NO ROMANCE (YES!).
The absolute best part of this movie was the
NEW HARRY POTTER MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!"
So overall, it rated rather well here in the Thomas home....my favorite part was the characters with the words on them. It is really quite funny why they end up that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment