Friday, February 20, 2009

Random Country Pictures...


I have been collecting some random photos of country life...things we see and do on a daily basis.

LOCAL WATERING HOLE

This is another strange spot that we pass on our way to and from church. A few years ago, we noticed that people would come by and fill up their water jugs or back their pick up trucks and fill 55 gallon drums with water from this pipe. Ashley and Megan did a science project where they sampled the water to see if it was safe to drink.....NOT! This nasty water is not safe to drink, and the county has tried several times to post that the water is not safe to drink.



SPOON ON FENCE POST

I noticed this spoon impaled on the top of this fence post one day...not sure how long it had been there. I figure that someone was walking down the road, found it, and put it there in hopes that its rightful owner might find it.



So, if you are missing a spoon.....







HOME CANNED PEARS


Our families favorite treat. These bad boys get rationed as the winter months drag on. In late summer we buy a few boxes of pears and peaches and can them. Pears are our favorite. And, every year I wish I had done more....the story of my life.






TOADS


Late one night, as Lance and I were watching TV, there was a loud knock on the back door. So, I went out to see what it was. This massive thing was sitting there a little dazed and confused. Apparently he wanted to come in and visit. He was as long as a new pencil, and he rather liked having his photo taken. In the spring, summer and fall, you can hear them croaking in the pond. When we first moved out here, I thought that it was cows mooing. They are so loud! We like to go out on the pond in the canoe and look for tadpoles. The tadpoles are as big as walnuts.







HUMMING BIRD NEST


We found this tiny little nest in one of our big trees. The little egg inside is about the size of a TicTac. It was the cutest little thing ever.






HAPPY DOGS


Man's best friend is everywhere out here!



MT. RAINIER


I always drive slow by this spot. It has the most amazing view of Mt. Rainier. We used to live on the North side, and the view from the West is so different.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So much country for me. I don't know if I could handle the little knock at the door. Maybe you should have kiss the little frog, it might have been some sort of prince.