I just have to take a minute and share a fun story about Sweet Little 8th-grade Ashley. This is the first year EVER that Ashley has played soccer. She joined the team because she had some great friends 0n the team, but mostly, because they were short on players. She made the JV team. I was hootin' and hollerin' for joy when she told me this fantastic news. (Being the sporty/competitive mom I am...it made me so proud that Ashley is going out for sports and on top of that made the JV team!) Anyways, the only down fall is the fact that it is cold and rainy this time of the year, and I am not looking forward to parking my fanny on cold bleachers in the cold and rain.
Ashley's first game was fun...funny....hilarious, actually. I really admire her dedication and self confidence. Just after half-time the players headed back onto the field to play...Ashley happened to be playing the full back position (I believe that is the position name, you know, the one who plays in the back). Off she went to her spot...amongst the OTHER TEAM...she didn't realize that they had switched sides at the half. But, Ashley is soo cool, she just laughed and headed for the other end of the field. Didn't even think twice about it. It was so fun to see her going after the ball, and I cheered when she kicked the ball (especially because it was in the right direction!!-WOO HOO ASH!) Well, she has played a few games now and is exceptionally better. She is making me proud as she attacks the ball. She even took a hard shot to the stomach, which made her drop to the ground, but she got up quickly waving the "thumbs up" at her coach that she was ok and able to stay in the game. On the way home from this awesome game, Ashley was filthy and freezing (it was snowing/raining). We stopped to get pizza for dinner, I let the 'soccer stud' hold the pizza boxes because they were warm. Half way home she laid her head on the top of the boxes and warmed her little nose. As we neared home, she gasped...OH NO! The printing from the pizza box had smeared all over her forehead and nose. We all laughed and had to get a shot of this before she was able to get it off. Ashley....WE LOVE YOU!!!

1 comment:
Thanks for the great laugh....What a great sport she is!! Good luck Ashley!
Post a Comment